Saturday, February 2, 2008

jeepney existentialism

Wearing a torn white shirt, he tells her, he has no money.
Between the coins in my and and two-word conversations, this is the most contact I make with people.
She, though, with one hand in a sling, and a baby on top of the other, says, Ok then, sure.
Viewing everyone through a mirror, I wonder if there really is more out of life.
He says, Thanks. He winks.
With her, smiling, I tap my fingers.
With more and more people climbing up, I wonder, Do I even exist.
Someone starts to talk about Jesus.
I think, What's the point.
Wrong move, sister.
Someone holding up her hand, coughing loudly, I wonder if people even care.
Another someone saying something, I feels fingers tap-tap-tapping my back.
I wonder.
Someone, like, slaps me.
I wonder.
Between beer and drugs, this is the most high I get.
I raise both my arms and stretch my feet, especially my right, and then, as always, someone screams.
Viewing everyone through a mirror, I smile.

No comments: